I've been trying a few times and finally I got a perfect texture like silken tofu!!
I modified the recipe to simplest as running out of ingredients in the kitchen and I can't make complicated meals as have to standby to entertain my 2 big and small A.
Even with the least ingredients the taste is superb and so much like those in Japanese restaurant haha~
Ingredients (serves 3-4):
1 1/2 cup of soup base - chicken stock or fish stock (follow your taste and own preference, I boiled my own using carrot + mushroom + dried scallop, I mix with water till less salty)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1. Prepare the soup base and left cool aside.
2. Whisk the eggs and pour in the soup base and mix well.
3. Prepare your bowls/ramekins. Put in the sliced mushroom and pour in the mixture using sieve. Ensure no bubbles so that will be smooth.
4. Heat up the wok, after water starts boiling, switch to medium heat/fire. Put in the bowls (best if can cover with aluminum foil) and steam for 10-15 minutes.
5. Test with skewer. If come out clean then it's done.