2 cups of multi-purpose flour, half cup of salt, 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil, half tablespoon of vinegar, and 1.5 cup of boiling water
*Note: original recipe indicates 2 tablespoon cream of tartar, few drops of glycerine, and food coloring. But as I do not have these at home, I just replace the cream of tartar with vinegar and skip the glycerine and food coloring.
1. Mix the flour, salt, oil and vinegar in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add boiling water into the dry ingredients. (Coloring optional)
3. Stir all ingredients until it becomes a sticky, combined dough.
4. Allow it to cool down then take it out of the bowl and knead it vigorously for a couple of minutes until all stickiness is gone. (This is the most important part of the process so keep till it's perfect consistency!)
5. If the stickiness remains, add a touch more flour until it's just right!
Completed product! Fun time for my little girl.
The papa also joined in and made her some stars...
Counting starsss~~ Her favorite shape all the time.
I keep the dough after play time by wrapping it up with the cling wrap and put into fridge. Can be used up to a few times till today.